Procurement Manager Opportunity In Large Private Estate In The Middle East (Ref- Lr 16901)
- Date posted:
- March 14, 2019 Hill Robinson
- Shore Based Jobs
- Middle East
|Work type:||Full time|
|Market sector:||Shore Based Position|
|Recruiting area:||Northern Europe, Baltic Sea, Germany, United Kingdom, Holland, Western Mediterranean, Gibraltar, Spain, Barcelona, Palma, South of France, Antibes, Italy, Genoa, Eastern Mediterranean, Croatia, Greece, Turkey, Middle East, Canary Isles, Azores, South Africa, East Coast USA, Maine, New Port, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Northern Caribbean, St Marten, Antigua, Southern Caribbean, West Coast USA, San Diego, San Francisco, East Coast Canada, West Coast Canada, Alaska, Central America, South America, Eastern Pacific, Western Pacific, Hong Kong, SE Asia, Philippines, Pattaya, Phuket, Singapore, Bali, Langkawi, Penang, Indian Ocean, Red Sea, South Pacific, Tahiti, Fiji, Australia, New Zealand|
|Minimum experience:||5 years|
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT A YACHT BASED POSITION
Procurement Manager opportunity in Large Private Estate in the Middle East
START DATE: Mid March, 2019
LOCATION: Middle East
PACKAGE: Competitive salary and leave offered, housing, flight allowance and full medical insurance
You are the director of first impressions. You must be a keen negotiator, excellent communicator and be persuasive and charming, in order to form good relationships with our new and existing suppliers and contractors. The success of the procurement department flows to all other departments, as we rely on you to bring in the resources we need to operate. You need to have all the suppliers on your side, so they go out of their way to make sure your every need and request is solved in your time frame.
This is a fast paced, multi-dimensional role that needs someone who can process a lot of information quickly, efficiently and precisely.
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent time management
- Excellent organisational skills
- Advanced in Microsoft excel
- Inventory control
- Goods receivable – check all stock matches the invoice, is in good condition, acceptable shelf life,
- Goods returned – manage returned stock and ensure credits are given
- Quote requests for capital expenditure
- Able to search and find complex items to fulfil all requests from department managers
- Warehouse management
- Prepare weekly, quarterly and annual reports
- Able to manage stock in and out
- Manage a team of 15+/- people
- Must remain calm and be in control at all times
- End of month statement settlement
- Purchase orders
- Petty Cash control
This job is 50/50 office/hands-on. This is an active role that needs someone who is fit, able to solve problems, handle stress and think quick.
- Female /Male
- English (spoken & written)
- Non-smoker preferred
- Arabic Speaking Preferred
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.