Full-time Head Housekeeper needed for family home in Bellevue Hill (SSFT)
- Date posted:
- March 15, 2019 Superyacht Crew International
- Shore Based Jobs
- Do you have five star housekeeping experience?
- Do you live in Sydney?
- This will suit someone from a hotel or yachting background!
A family are seeking a head housekeeper for their large, busy Eastern suburbs home. The successful candidate will have a keen eye for detail having held a senior position at a 5* hotel, or head of housekeeping for a private residence or yacht, with expertise in managing an extensive wardrobe (male) and care for delicate garments. We are looking for an energetic, self-starter with a can-do attitude who can lift the standard of the household. The applicant will ideally have experience in front-of-house hospitality or as a yacht/air stewardess willing to occasionally set for dinners/lunches and provide service.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing one other fulltime housekeeper. The house is five bedrooms and five bathrooms, they have three teenage boys and also Lulu the dog! General duties will include:
- Responsible for principals’ quarters – DAILY full clean: wardrobe, bath, bed (sheets every 3 days), dust/wipe, vacuum, mop
- Manage and assist with daily servicing (beds, baths, vacuum, mop, dust, kitchen)
- Laundry and ironing
- Creating, managing and delivering weekly cleaning schedule (weekly deep clean: bathrooms, kitchen, pantry, storage areas etc etc)
- When required set and serve lunches, dinners, coffees and teas, drinks etc.
- Maintain 5* standards in a busy household
- Turn up and down the house morning and evening (a good eye for aesthetics)
- Creating and maintaining inventories (clothes, jewellery, ski gear, school uniforms etc)
- Packing and unpacking for overseas travel (the principal travels extensively and the family travel overseas
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 5 years+ experience within a five-star hotel, HNW residence or private yacht
- Have experience in training, supervising and appraising staff
- Have impeccable attention to detail and organisational skills
- Have a can do attitude
- Be a mature candidate looking for longevity in a role
- Demonstrate integrity and confidentiality
- Hold a Current Police Check
- Strong communication skills
Salary: The salary offered will commensurate with your experience. Australian working conditions.
Start date: ASAP
Note: you will need to be legally entitled to work in Australia.
Click APPLY NOW button at the end of this post and send us your CV in Word format and include an application letter addressing all the points of eligibility on this job post. Please ensure that you have a good quality recent (smiling) photo, indicate your current location and availability dates and have at least 3 Referees with all contact details on your CV. Written references are good support for your application so please send these too. If you work with children you are required to hold a Working With Children Card. We also need to sight your primary qualification(s), your photo ID and your work permit, so please send these as well.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.