Nanny/Housekeeper/Cook needed for family in Darlinghurst, Sydney! (DSWT)
- Date posted:
- January 10, 2019 Superyacht Crew International
- Shore Based Jobs
- Do you live in Sydney?
- Are you a Nanny who also has cooking experience?
- Do you have housekeeping experience?
We have a position available for a Nanny/Cook/Housekeeper for a family in a 3-bedroom apartment in Darlinghurst The role will include housekeeping duties, cooking family dinners as well as looking after/cooking for two kids (girl 2yr and boy 3.5 years). This position is being offered as a full-time casual role as the family goes away a couple of months throughout the year as the husband works overseas.
General duties will include:
- Preparing family meals – Lunch and snacks for children + Family dinners (which can be left in fridge to be heated up
- Keeping house organised (They have a cleaner who does the deep cleaning 3x a week)
- Tidying wardrobes, refolding clothes as needed
- Tidying children’s
- Cleaning kitchen after meals
- Making/Changing beds
- Take boy to preschool 3x a week
- Look after two year old at home while mum works
The ideal candidate will:
- Be detail oriented and organised
- Have superior laundry/ironing skills
- Have previous experience in a nanny role
- Be mature and confident
- Be able to work well with children
- Be a confident cook (preferred)
- Have a current Australian drivers license (clean)
- Have the ability to obtain a Police and Working With Children Check
Salary: Depending on your experience
Hours: 30-40 hours a week, days and timings negotiable
You will need to have permission to work in Australia (ie residency or long-term work permit) and normal Australian working conditions apply.
Apply to send us your CV in Word format and include an application letter addressing all the points of eligibility on this job post. Please ensure that you have a good quality recent (smiling) photo, indicate your current location and availability dates and have at least 3 Referees with all contact details on your CV. Written references are good support for your application so please send these too. If you work with children you are required to hold a Working With Children Card. We also need to sight your primary qualification(s), your photo ID and your work permit, so please send these as well.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.