Deckhand for 40m yacht
Featured Job Urgent Job
- Date posted:
- February 9, 2019 Private yacht
- Deck Jobs
- Depending on Experience
- St Thomas
We are currently looking for a full time deckhand for a 40m long range motor yacht.
The Yacht is not chartered, it is a private yacht with light to moderate use by the owner to date.
Applicant must have a US Visa B1/B2 if a non-US citizen, a seaman’s book will also be a requirement
We currently operate the boat with 7 crew and it is team environment, there are no job titles if someone else needs help.
- Capt. (31 years’ experience) American,
- Engineer (20 years experience) British
- First mate (12 years’ experience) Hawaiian
- 1st Deckhand/ watch lead
- 2nd Deckhand -( 4 years experience) american
- Chief Stewardess/ concierge- to be hired
- 2nd stew- ( 3 years experience) American
The crew sleeping arrangements, we have four LARGE (for a 40m) crew cabins that are set with bunks. Two have their own heads and showers in them, the two forward cabins do not have their own in suite heads. The deckhand will share a stateroom with the 2nd deckhand
We are looking for QUALITY crew, this owner is use to high level of crew standards. The owner is American and is a well-known yachting family with a history of owning multiple yachts up to 120m.
If you are interested in being considered for this position I would like to get your feedback on the following questions:
- What are your strongest personal attributes?
- Are you a licensed in anyway?
- What type of project would you need help with if working on deck job?
- How many watches have you stood alone or with a watch keeper?
- What do you consider your strongest and weakest knowledge base for yacht equipment?
- What is the longest you have worked with an owner/guest or charterer onboard?
- What is the longest stretch you have done with no days off?
- How often have driven large tenders 40 foot plus?
- What is your favorite onboard job and your least favorite job?
- Do you understand towing?
- How are your sea legs?
- What was something you did wrong onboard and how did you deal with it?
- Are you vegan or anything else
- What are you looking for in regards to a salary, we do offer full health insurance benefits?
- Where are you currently located and what is your availability
Look forward to hearing back from you.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.