Captain/Engineer 30-m Private M/Y in Sydney (CMMM)
- Date posted:
- February 19, 2019 Superyacht Crew International
- Deck Jobs, Engineering Jobs
- Australia / NZ
- Sydney based!
- Utilise your AMSA qualifications!
- Live Aboard or Live Ashore!
Here’s a great opportunity for an experienced “Hands-On” Captain/Engineer looking for a permanent position maintaining this beautiful classic “gentlemen’s” motor yacht.
As Captain/Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of the yacht including the engine room and deck maintenance, therefore appropriate engineering qualifications and proven experience will be required.
The yacht will be used for private cruises in the local area only. Live aboard/Live Ashore available.
Qualifications and Desired Attributes:
- Master Class 4 / MED2 (minimum) and proven experience on similar sized yachts.
- Must have long-term work permission for Australia: ie, Permanent resident status or Australian or NZ passport
- Excellent navigational skills and experience
- Engineering experience preferably with Caterpillar main engines
- Superyacht experience in similar positions
- Fit, energetic, healthy and willing to work all areas.
- High level of product and equipment knowledge
- Well-groomed personal presentation
- Positive and happy personality, well-spoken
- Current STCW Basic Safety Training certificates
- Valid ENG1 (or equivalent) Seafarers Medical fitness certificate
Salary & Conditions: Australian working conditions, salary package will be negotiated depending on experience.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.