Full-time Laundry person for stately Point Piper home (ALDT)
- Date posted:
- January 10, 2019 Superyacht Crew International
- Shore Based Jobs
- Are you living in Sydney?
- Have solid expert laundry experience?
- This role may suit someone with Superyacht experience!
We have a great opportunity for a professional Laundry person to work in a fulltime capacity in a cohesive household staff team in a large stately home in Point Piper. You will be required to manage the laundry to the highest standard and have complete product knowledge and confidence to perform your role.
Your daily role is to take excellent care of the Principal’s and guests’ clothes as well as all napery, linens and towels etc. You will ensure the timely delivery of expertly laundered, folded and ironed clothes back to their respective storage areas.
You will liaise with the House Manager as required and relay any important information.
At this level it is important that you present professionally at all times and have a happy upbeat demeanour.
EXPECTATIONS FOR PERFORMANCE OF THE ROLE:
- Solid laundry experience and skills as evidenced on your CV and longevity in your previous roles
- A great eye for detail and memory for Principal’s preferences
- Take any dry-cleaning to the preferred dry-cleaner
- Hand-washing of delicate items as required
- Experience with stain removal and all related products
- Expertise in ironing with professional equipment
- Attend to any minor repairs (ie buttons, hems) as required. Larger fixes need approval from the House Manager.
- Keep the laundry and related areas in an immaculate state at all times
- Ensure that equipment is regularly maintained
- Keep all laundry supplies well-stocked and well-organised
- Be flexible to lend a hand in other areas of the home if required
ATTRIBUTES and SKILLS:
- Very detail oriented with good organisational skills
- Mature, calm and focused
- Confident in performing skills with a smile
- Good initiative and intuition
- Able to follow direction and retain information
- Capable and diligent
- Professional demeanour
- Confidentiality and discretion
- Fluency in English
Hours: Full-time, Monday to Friday and some flexibility is required.
Start: November/December 2018
Fulltime employment basis. Salary negotiable depending on your experience. You will need to have permission to work in Australia (ie residency or long-term work permit) and normal Australian working conditions apply.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.