Yacht Chief Engineer
- Date posted:
- September 27, 2018 Private yacht
- Engineering Jobs
- Dependent on Experience
- San Diego, California
We are currently looking for a full time Chief Engineer for a 40m long range motor yacht, this may roll into a rotation at some point after we reestablish a primary chief engineer aboard.
The yacht has just coming out of the 4th and final stage of major refit in San Diego, California that has spanned 4 shipyard locations and 20,000 sea miles in the last two and half years. We are in San Diego now after traveling 5000 miles this summer, with very little problems.
We will be heading for Costa Rica in December and after that it is unknown at this time.
The Scout is not chartered, it is a private yacht with light to moderate use by the owner to date.
Applicant must have a US Visa B1/B2 if a non-US citizen, a seaman’s book will also be a requirement
We currently operate the boat with 6 crew and it is team environment, there are no job titles if someone else needs help.
- Capt. (31 years’ experience) American,
- First mate (12 years’ experience) Hawaiian
- Deckhand (4 years’ experience) South African
- 2nd Deckhand -to be hired
- Chief Stewardess/ concierge- (6 years’ experience) Philippines
- 2nd stew- to be hired
The crew sleeping arrangements, we have four LARGE (for a 40m) crew cabins that are set with bunks. Two have their own heads and showers in them, the two forward cabins do not have their own in suite heads. The Chief engineer has his own cabin with in suite bath. there will be times the upper bunk will be occupied by an extra crew member if needed. (this does not happen often)
We are looking for QUALITY crew, this owner is use to high level of crew standards. The owner is American and is a well-known yachting family with a history of owning multiple yachts up to 120m.
If you are interested in being considered for this position I would like to get your feedback on the following questions:
- What are your strongest personal attributes?
- Are you a licensed Engineer?
- What type of project would you need help with if working on an engineer’s job?
- How many watches have you stood alone or with a watch keeper?
- What do you consider your strongest and weakest knowledge base for yacht equipment?
- What is the longest you have worked with an owner/guest or charterer onboard?
- What is the longest stretch you have done with no days off?
- How often have dealt with a major issue onboard a yacht at sea and what was a big issue you solved?
- What is your favorite onboard job and your least favorite job?
- Do you understand Dief controllers?
- How are your sea legs?
- What was something you did wrong onboard and how did you deal with it?
- What is your history with Cat mains and Northern Light Gens?
- Are you vegan or anything else?
- What are you looking for in regards to a salary, we do offer full health insurance benefits?
- Where are you currently located and what is your availability
Look forward to hearing back from you.
Similar jobs you may be interested in:
- Y3 Engineer for a 53m private S/Y
October 17, 2018 - Palma de Mallorca ✔ Approved
- Engineer Chief
October 17, 2018 ✔ Approved
- Chief Engineer 3000kw
October 16, 2018 ✔ Approved
October 15, 2018 ✔ Approved
- 35m MY. Y4 Chief Engineer. €6000-6500 x 14.5. Full time.
October 15, 2018 - South of France ✔ Approved