October: Temp (to perm) Housekeeper for a busy family in Bellevue Hill (GVGT)
- Date posted:
- December 4, 2018 Superyacht Crew International
- Shore Based Jobs
- Are you a “hot shot” Housekeeper who really knows the role?
- You’ve worked for high calibre principals before and nothing phases you?
- Would suit and ex-large-yacht stewardess who’s used to the standards required!
We have a position available to work for a lovely family in Bellevue Hill. It is a temporary housekeeper role for the month of October but has a high possibility of developing into a full-time role. Ex yacht stewardess or 5-star accommodation training is required as you will be expected to be a self-starter who knows how to approach all household cleaning and care tasks with minimal supervision.
Efficiency and proven experience to a high standard is required as you will have the usual day-to-day housekeeping duties and domestic organisation, plus ad hoc duties as requested. You will have an assistant three days a week as it is a busy household with three teenage boys.
General duties will include:
- Ensuring the house is well-organised, dust free and presented to a high standard
- Daily cleaning duties, bed-making, complete laundry management and ironing duties
- Reporting maintenance issues as they occur
- Some assistance with errands or shopping as required
- Reporting of domestic expenses
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a CV that proves their experience and supports their suitability for the role
- Be flexible, organised and versatile
- Have experience with children of school age (having your Working with Children check).
- Be familiar with correct cleaning and laundry procedures
- Be well-presented and well-mannered with a positive outlook
- Practice confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Have a Police check
- Have a valid First Aid certificate (an advantage)
- At least three recent references
- Clean driver’s license and own private transport (preferred). You may be required from time to time to run errands.
Hours: Full-time for the month of October (5 days a week)
Salary: The salary offered will be commensurate with your experience. Superannuation will also apply. ABN holders welcome. Australian working conditions.
Note: you will need to be legally entitled to work in Australia.
Click on the “APPLY NOW” button and send your CV in Word format and application letter addressing all the points of eligibility on this job post. Please ensure that you indicate your current location and availability dates and have at least 3 Referees with all contact details on your CV. It also helps to have a good quality recent photo and written references are good support for your application so please send these too.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.