P/T Housekeeper for lovely apartment in Potts Point (WQBP)
- Date posted:
- April 26, 2019 Superyacht Crew International
- Shore Based Jobs
- Are you organised, reliable, careful?
- Knowledgeable and meticulous, yet efficient?
- Look after a beautiful apartment for a flexible owner!
This role will suit a very organised and experienced Housekeeper with a keen eye for detail. Your primary responsibilities will be doing housekeeping, washing/ironing, caring for a range of interior surfaces with confidence.
The apartment owners are two busy professionals – who own their own businesses and one works from home. No animals and no children to care for – just a lovely home requiring a trustworthy and responsible person to keep it organised and clean.
The working hours are 8 -9 hours per week – say 2 x half-days twice per week. So there is some flexibility here regarding when the work is accomplished.
There is also a possibility for more hours if you have Chef/Cook expertise – but this is not a strict requirement.
General duties will include:
- Tidying generally and ensuring the house is kept neat and clean
- Dusting, vacuuming or sweeping the floors
- Polishing those surfaces requiring it
- Using the correct products for the task
- Cleaning bathrooms, checking and replacing towels as needed
- Weekly change of bed sheets, Making beds
- Emptying all bins in the house
- Tidying wardrobes, refolding clothes as needed
- Wiping the inside and outside of cupboards periodically as required
- Cleaning windows
- Plumping up cushions on the lounge
- All laundry duties (washing towels, bed linen weekly, ironing/folding clothes, shoe polishing)
- Optional: Food preparation: cooking healthy evening meals if you have these skills and want to increase your hours. You could also cook off-site and deliver the meals at certain times.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be reliable
- Be organised and practical
- Be familiar with correct cleaning products and techniques and laundering procedures
- Have good communication skills
- Show initiative and high level of responsibility
- Have a good attitude and positive outlook
- Hold a Current Police Check
- Have good references from past employers.
Hours: 8-9 hours in total per week spread over two different days: 4.5 hours each time.
Hourly rate: commensurate with your experience.
Start Date: as soon as you’re found.
You will need to have permission to work in Australia (ie residency or long-term work permit) and normal Australian working conditions apply.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.