Sole Chef 82’ private MY – Whitsundays & Sydney
- Date posted:
- July 18, 2018
- Galley Jobs
- $7000 AUD / Month
- Hamilton Island, Australia
Are you a culinary trained chef looking to work out of the Whitsundays & Sydney?
Do you enjoy working for personable owners and have a natural flair for cooking?
A small, but high-end yacht is on the search for an experienced chef who’d be interested in a fulltime contract out of the Whitsundays (for Winter) and Sydney (for Summer)
The position is preferably live onboard but will also consider candidates with their own accommodation ashore. open to flying candidates anywhere within Australia or New Zealand regions.
The ideal candidate will be culinary trained with either a strong restaurant background or some private chef or yacht experience
The yacht operates with a fulltime crew of 2, catering for 6 guests maximum and may get additional assistance for the busier times.
While cleaners are usually brought in to assist with interior turn downs the Chef will also be required to fulfil some service / stew duties and can assist on deck as required
The ideal candidate.
- Culinary trained chef
- Strong restaurant background
- Some experience as a chef on yachts preferable (but not essential)
- STCW (preferred)
- Very organised and experience with ordering/provisioning
- Maintain clean and ordered stores
- Can assist with some stew/service duties
- Can occasionally help out on deck
- Looking to offer a firm commitment
- Easy going personality
- Work rights for Australia
Pay: $75,000 - $85,000 (AUD) + Superannuation