Chief Officer - 60m Expedition M/Y - Private - Australia & Pacific
- Date posted:
- February 11, 2018
- Deck Jobs
CHIEF OFFICER – 60M EXPEDITION M/Y
AUSTRALIA – INDIAN OCEAN – ASIA – SOUTH PACIFIC
- World cruising expedition yacht seeks Chief Officer for a busy and interesting program.
- Must be a team player with the following skills:
- Chief Mate 3000gt COC – (should have held this position on similar size yacht for minimum 2 years)
- Experience in ISM/ISPS
- Excellent interpersonal skills, dynamic crew, and guests require this. Will be the liaison between departments. Diplomacy is required.
- Excellent time/project management skills. Good time management, organisation, and planning skills are required.
- Busy itinerary means long hours & remote locations. Ability to keep crew moral up.
- Large crane experience valuable
- Good longevity, strong leader & patient teacher.
- Ideally, the candidate would enjoy any of the following activities: Scuba-diving, spearfishing, fishing, surfing, kitesurfing, wakeboarding &/or golf.
ITINERARY: AUSTRALIA – INDIAN OCEAN – ASIA – SOUTH PACIFIC
QUALIFICATIONS: 3000gt COC
START DATE: ASAP in Queensland, Australia
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time permanent contract + 6 weeks holiday.
Year 2, 8 weeks holiday
SALARY: based on experience (USD $8250 - $9250. DOE)
Chief Mate 3000gt COC , STCW10 & ENG1 with experience onboard 50+ yachts.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.