2nd Officer - 60m Expedition M/Y - Private - Australia & Pacific Region
- Date posted:
- February 2, 2018
- Deck Jobs
- USD $5000 - $ 6000
A 2ND OFFICER – 60M EXPEDITION M/Y
AUSTRALIA – INDIAN OCEAN – ASIA – SOUTH PACIFIC
World cruising expedition yacht seeks high energy 2nd Officer.
Must be a team player with the following skills:
- Skilled tender driver, and water sports experience
- Experienced exterior maintenance skills. Hands-on, good background in outboards (Yamaha) and inboard diesels (Yanmar)
- Hands on to work closely with Chief Officer and manage the deck team (3)
- Should have a solid understanding of ISM/ISPS
- Busy itinerary means log hours & remote locations.
- Would suit recently qualified OOW with a passion for their work and love of the ocean
- Great opportunity if you are looking to gain sea time and drive time.
- Ideally, the candidate would enjoy any of the following activities: Scuba-diving, spearfishing, fishing, surfing, kitesurfing, wakeboarding &/or golf.
ITINERARY: AUSTRALIA – INDIAN OCEAN – ASIA – SOUTH PACIFIC
QUALIFICATIONS: OOW COC (Working towards Chief Mate or already Chief mate)
START DATE: ASAP in Queensland, Australia
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time permanent contract + 5 weeks holiday.
SALARY: USD $5000 - $6000 (DOE)
OOW, STCW10 & ENG1 with experience onboard 50+ yachts.
Please send CV, References & Quals
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.