2nd Officer - 60m Expedition M/Y - Private - Australia & Pacific Region
- Date posted:
- February 2, 2018
- Deck Jobs
- USD $5000 - $ 6000
A 2ND OFFICER – 60M EXPEDITION M/Y
AUSTRALIA – INDIAN OCEAN – ASIA – SOUTH PACIFIC
World cruising expedition yacht seeks high energy 2nd Officer.
Must be a team player with the following skills:
- Skilled tender driver, and water sports experience
- Experienced exterior maintenance skills. Hands-on, good background in outboards (Yamaha) and inboard diesels (Yanmar)
- Hands on to work closely with Chief Officer and manage the deck team (3)
- Should have a solid understanding of ISM/ISPS
- Busy itinerary means log hours & remote locations.
- Would suit recently qualified OOW with a passion for their work and love of the ocean
- Great opportunity if you are looking to gain sea time and drive time.
- Ideally, the candidate would enjoy any of the following activities: Scuba-diving, spearfishing, fishing, surfing, kitesurfing, wakeboarding &/or golf.
ITINERARY: AUSTRALIA – INDIAN OCEAN – ASIA – SOUTH PACIFIC
QUALIFICATIONS: OOW COC (Working towards Chief Mate or already Chief mate)
START DATE: ASAP in Queensland, Australia
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time permanent contract + 5 weeks holiday.
SALARY: USD $5000 - $6000 (DOE)
OOW, STCW10 & ENG1 with experience onboard 50+ yachts.
Please send CV, References & Quals
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.
Similar jobs you may be interested in:
- 2nd Officer
February 15, 2019 - US ✔ Approved
- 2nd Officer - #11049
February 14, 2019 ✔ Approved
- Temporary 2nd Officer - Private 65m + M/Y(Ref-Sm 16675)
February 12, 2019 - East Coast U.S.A. ✔ Approved
- Officer [2nd]
February 11, 2019 ✔ Approved
- 2nd Officer/Senior Watchkeeper - #11146
February 7, 2019 ✔ Approved