Housekeeper/Cook & Garden/Handy Man needed in Byron Bay! (BBCH)
- Date posted:
- March 3, 2018
- Shore Based Jobs
- Are you looking for a couple’s position in Northern New South Wales?
- Do you have permanent residency/citizenship?
- Work at this beautiful property!
We have a very exciting opportunity for a team to help with the upkeep and management of a beautiful large property in Byron Bay. This position is being offered to a couple who will work autonomously in this amazing full-time position.
On-site accommodation will be provided.
The housekeeper would be solely responsible for all cleanliness of the property, along with cooking, shopping for provisions (mainly at the organic Farmers Markets), dog care and ad hoc tasks are requested.
For the housekeeper/cook you must have the following skills and experience:
- Have previous Housekeeping experience
- Have knowledge of correct cleaning and laundry procedures
- Be a confident cook - you will be required to prepare and cook nutritious meals
- Be comfortable with children and able to baby sit if the nanny is unavailable or parents out for the evening
- Have attention to detail
- Be flexible and happy to help out where needed
- Have a current Australian driver license (clean)
- Have the ability to obtain a Police and Working With Children Check
- Be fit and active
For the gardener/handy man you must have the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge and experience of general maintenance/grounds maintenance (including maintaining equipment, painting and general maintenance duties)
- Ground care of all external areas including gardening, pool, water fixture maintenance, clear pathways, outdoor furniture etc
- Maintain a clean yard by weeding, mowing lawns
- Specialized cleaning where required (i.e. glass windows throughout property, high pressure hosing and 2 cars weekly etc.)
- Valid and current driving license
Hours: TBC, weekend work if needed/requested
Salary: Depending on experience and conditions, as on-site accommodation will be provided this will be factored into the package
You will need to have permission to work in Australia (ie residency or long-term work permit) and normal Australian working conditions apply for this position.
Click on APPLY NOW button and send your CV in Word format and application letter addressing all the points of eligibility on this job post. Please ensure that you indicate your current location and availability dates and have at least 3 Referees with all contact details on your CV. It also helps to have a good quality recent photo and written references are good support for your application so please send these too.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.