Bosun 48m Private Motor Yacht – Sydney Based
- December 7, 2017
- Deck Jobs
Are you an experienced Bosun looking to be based in Australia?
Have you had experience on yachts 50m+ and looking to run a small deck team?
A well run, extremely professional 48m private MY is on the search for a Bosun to join their professional team of 9.
The Bosun will be responsible for the complete running of the decks including leading and managing two experienced deckhands.
The yacht typically operates a Sydney based program with trips around the harbour and short excursions further afield.
This position would suit candidates interested in a work/life balance, who want to progress their career while also enjoying a shore based existence in Sydney
5 day working week (7am-4pm) +occasional watches and must be comfortable working weekends.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Yachtmaster 200 or Master 5 minimum
- STCW, ENG 1
- 1-2 seasons experience as a lead deckhand or Bosun
- Excellent small boat handling skills
- Experience with docking, calling distances and anchoring
- Experience working within the requirements of a full ISM compliant vessel
- Impeccable interpersonal & communication skills
- Will Be highly motivated and show good initiative
- High level of discretion
- Full work rights for Australia/NZ
As the yacht maintains a permanent berth in Sydney it will be a requirement that the crew have their own accommodation ashore
Salary: $78,000 AUD / Year, TRP (Depending on experience)
Annual Leave: Standard Australian annual leave
Start Date: Flexible
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.