Sous/Third Chef needed for a 100m+ M/Y (SOCH)
- January 3, 2018
- Galley Jobs
- Are you looking for a new challenge within a large galley team?
- Are you a professionally trained Chef?
- Are you available immediately?
We are looking for a Sous/3rd Chef with at least 2 years’ experience on board similar sized vessels to join this professional galley team.
Desired Qualifications & Attributes:
- Culinary Trained with an industry-recognized international qualification
- Hotel school degree preferred
- Level 3 Supervising Food Safety in Catering
- Valid ENG1
- STCW Basic Safety Training including Security Awareness certificate
- Passenger safety certificate
- Self-motivation and passion - with a drive to better your skills and wanting to learn from your superiors
- Have a keen eye for detail and standard in relation to all aspects of the galley’s activities
- Assisting with food preparation, the maintenance of cleanliness and high standards of hygiene in the galley, mess rooms, pantries and storerooms.
- To perform other duties as directed by Head Chef
- Enthusiasm, willingness to learn, and a positive attitude.
- Have great attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure
Salary/Package: 3500EURO per month - 60 days rotational leave (5:1 rotation) with 2 annual flights
Start date: Immediately
Send your CV in Word format and application letter addressing all the points of eligibility on this job post. Please ensure that you have a good quality recent photo, indicate the validity date of your ENG1, your current location and availability dates and have at least 3 Referees with all contact details on your CV. Written references are good support for your application so please send these too.
MLC regulations now require us to sight your primary qualification, your photo ID and your ENG1. So please send these also
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.