Head Chef 36m Private Motor Yacht – Sydney & Fiji
- Date posted:
- November 17, 2017
- Galley Jobs
Are you an experienced Chef looking for a dream lifestyle position?
Do you enjoy working for personable and family orientated yacht owners?
MYS Superyacht Crew is on the search for an experienced Head Chef to join a private 36m MY and their crew of 6.
The yacht is used for private family use only but will undertake the occasional corporate cruise in Sydney harbour.
Trips will consist of short cruises around the Harbour and Pittwater regions typically catering for no more than 6-8 guests.
During the corporate cruises (December/January) the chef will be required to prepare finger food and canapés for larger guest numbers.
The yacht is family friendly and the chef must enjoy a casual interaction with guests and children
Over the winter months there is the possibility of a cruise to Fiji or the GBR for a few months.
As the yacht is based permanently in Sydney it is the preference for the Chef to live ashore however there would be the potential to live onboard for the right candidate
The Ideal Candidate
- Culinary trained
- Superyacht Chef experience (will also consider strong restaurant head chef looking for entrance into Superyachts)
- Diverse culinary range
- Can prepare tasty crew meals in additions to Guests
- Good knowledge of provisioning and suppliers within Australia
- Local Sydney Knowledge advantageous
- Have full work rights for Australia or New Zealand
- Strong personal skills
- Friendly, relaxed with a good sense of humour and fun
Start: Early December with a good handover with the existing chef
Salary: Industry standard, paid in AUD + Super (DOE)
This is a terrific Sydney lifestyle position, working for relaxed and friendly owners and crew.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht.