Av/It Officer For 100m+ New Build Project
|Qualifications:||ENG 1|STCW Basic Safety Training (All)|
|Work type:||Full time|
|Market sector:||Yacht Power|
|Recruiting area:||Northern Europe, Baltic Sea, Germany, United Kingdom, Holland, Western Mediterranean, Gibraltar, Spain, Barcelona, Palma, South of France, Antibes, Italy, Genoa, Eastern Mediterranean, Croatia, Greece, Turkey, Middle East, Canary Isles, Azores, South Africa, East Coast USA, Maine, New Port, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Northern Caribbean, St Marten, Antigua, Southern Caribbean, West Coast USA, San Diego, San Francisco, East Coast Canada, West Coast Canada, Alaska, Central America, South America, Eastern Pacific, Western Pacific, Hong Kong, SE Asia, Philippines, Pattaya, Phuket, Singapore, Bali, Langkawi, Penang, Indian Ocean, Red Sea, South Pacific, Tahiti, Fiji, Australia, New Zealand|
|Minimum experience:||5 years|
Fantastic opportunity for AV/IT Officer to be involved in a 100m+ M/Y New Build in the final build stage. Previous experience essential on 100m+ yacht/cruise/commercial as well as shipyard/new build experience.
Start date: February 2018
Package: 6,500 Euros per month; 30 days leave based on 5 day work week; 2 return flights; medical insurance. Shared accommodation provided.
European passport or legal working status applicable.
* Previous experience in similar position on 100m+ yachts, passenger ships, cruise or ferry.
* Yard and new build experience highly preferable
* Able to lead AV-IT projects, writing detailed specs, reviewing quotes, monitoring budget, following-up work execution and final commissioning in an organized, documented and trackable way
* Working according to the highest safety and security standards (risk assessments, permits to work, work procedures, lockout-tagout)
* Good communication skills in order to report about technical aspects and maintain excellent relationship with working partners (colleagues, yards, contractors, suppliers, superintendents)
Candidate should have proficiency in the following, including operation/maintaining and upgrading:
- Communication: VSAT/TVRO/ GSM/, Fleet Broadband, Iridium, Inmarsat, GMDSS, UHF
- Enterprise IT systems: Networks, Virtual machines, Clients, Phone systems and Wifi
- Configuring and maintain Cisco network switches, routers, and VPN with Firewall
- AV control systems: Control processors, Interfaces (KNX, DMX,) and user’s Ipad Devices
- AV sources and distribution system: IPTV Management, DVB-S, Crestron NVX, AVOD, Satellite TV
- Ship’s security systems (CCTV, DACS, UPS)
- Ship’s sound system, TVs, TV lifts, cinema + projectors
- Advance level of proficiency in repair, troubleshooting and assisting users on software, hardware, connectivity issues, installing, configuring of AV-IT Equipment.
- AV-IT management: inventories, system condition monitoring, purchasing
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.