Executive Housekeeper/All Rounder needed in Melbourne! (ALLC)
- January 1, 2018
- Shore Based Jobs
- Are you looking for a varied full time position?
- Confident in housekeeping and cooking?
- Based in Melbourne?
This lovely family have two children aged 15 and 21 years. They are looking for a housekeeper to help manage the busy family of 4. Duties include all aspects of keeping the home clean & tidy, laundry, preparing nutritious and healthy breakfast, tasty family meals for dinner and preparing packed lunches.
Previous experience gained through working in similar roles is required. Must be a permanent resident, Australian citizen or hold a valid long term working visa and able to commit for at least 12 months. Must also hold a valid Driver's License.
Duties will include:
- Make beds, tidy and clean bedrooms, living areas and bathrooms. General house cleaning and maintenance
- Valet all clothes including washing, ironing, minor repairs, shoe cleaning and dry cleaning when necessary
- Care and maintenance of antiques, fine furniture, artwork, silver and collectibles
- Maintenance of inventories for wine cellars, artworks and items of value
- Shopping and stocking of food pantry, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Food and beverage service for parties
- Meal preparation for family members and guest (small group).
- Organisation and supervision of formal entertaining
- Management, co-ordination and supervision of all trades people and casual staff such as gardeners, equipment servicing staff, event organizers, caterers and wait staff
- Garbage recycling and disposal
- Vehicle presentation, registration and maintenance
- Preparation of guest rooms and attendance to house guests as required
- Chauffeuring family members as required
- Sole supervision of children as required
- Social diary management
- Travel arrangements as required
- Household administration and financial management
- Business support if required
- General errands as required
The Executive Housekeeper may not personally undertake all of the duties listed above but he/she is responsible for ensuring all of these areas are covered which may involve the supervision and instruction of permanent/part-time or casual staff.
Candidate is required to be/have:
- Previous housekeeping experience within a family environment
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work resourcefully and on own initiative
- Flexibility and adaptability to the requirements of the role
- Proficient computer skills
- Absolute confidentiality and discretion
- Professional personal presentation
- Mature, friendly and confident disposition
Hours: Full time 5.5-6 days a week. Monday - Saturday (saturdays half day, but full if needed). Normally 6.30-7am start with dinner to be served at 6pm.
Salary: Depending on experience but generous for right candidate.
"APPLY NOW" button at the end of this post and send us your CV in Word format and include an application letter addressing all the points of eligibility on this job post. Please indicate your current location and availability dates and have at least 3 Referees with all contact details on your CV. Written references are good support for your application so please send these too. If you work with children you are required to hold a ""Working with Children Check'. We also need to sight your primary qualification(s), your photo ID and your work permit, so please send these as well. You will need to have permission to work in Australia (ie residency or long-term work permit) and normal Australian working conditions apply.
The recruiter can only accept applications from candidates from Australia and New Zealand.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.