Qualified Doctor/Nurse Stewardess needed for this private M/Y! (DOCH)
- Are you a registered Nurse with experience at an ER?
- Transfer your skills onboard!
- Great yacht and crew!
We are looking for a Qualified Doctor or Nurse to join this great interior team! This role is dual position where you will spend one week as a Stewardess providing excellent housekeeping/service and the following week spent predominately as the Doctor/Nurse.
In your week as the Doctor/Nurse you will undertake crew training, facilitate medical clinics and maintain medical equipment onboard!
If you’re comfortable to take on both roles and you are capable of the responsibilities below, we want to hear from you!
- Responsible for maintenance of all medical equipment and supplies onboard.
- Write a Crew Training manual and ensure training
- Responsible for ongoing training of crew members
- Write the medical supplies and equipment maintenance schedule
- Perform medical checks and medical monitoring of the crew and guests
- Maintain records for crew medical history, medical maintenance, deficiences, repairs and training
- Report to the Master any deficiencies or defects to equipment
- Maintain confidentiality
- Prior to vessel's arrival to foreign ports, submit reports to the Master including information in regards to medical facilities, contacts available at each port.
- Female due to cabin arrangements
- Must have a minimum qualification of Diploma of Nursing
- Must have experience working in the field of Nursing, preference to those who have worked in an ER.
Send your CV in Word format and application letter addressing all the points of eligibility on this job post. Please ensure that you have a good quality recent photo, indicate the validity date of your ENG1, your current location and availability dates and have at least 3 Referees with all contact details on your CV. Written references are good support for your application so please send these too. MLC regulations now require us to sight your primary qualification, your photo ID and your ENG1. So please send these also.
Are you aware of your Seafarer rights and duties as per the Maritime Labour Convention (MLC) 2006? We will provide information if required.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.