Yacht Club F & B Manager
- November 15, 2017
- Shore Based Jobs
- Townsville, Australia
Published: 16th October 2017
Job Type: Full-Time
Yacht Type: Shore based
A rare opportunity has arisen to join the Executive Team of the Townsville Yacht Club and continue your hospitality career working in relaxing tropical North Queensland.
The Townsville Yacht Club is not your run-of-the-mill hospitality job. Our Club is a hidden gem offering one of the best locations in Townsville. We are beautifully situated overlooking the water with 150 yachts and motor boats berthed in our marina. We have a vibrant membership of locals and boat owners and offer a supportive and caring work atmosphere. The Club work culture is one based on caring, trust and fun, so that these values can be transferred to our members and guests. We are on a mission to continue to grow and provide our customers with an exceptional customer experience every time
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Member of the Club Executive Team (General Manager, Executive Chef, Food and Beverage Manager).
- Set the perfect example of attitude and behaviour at all times – aligned with Club Purpose and Values
- Liaise closely with General Manager, Executive Chef, Functions Coordinator and Office Manager and other departmental supervisors to maximise cohesion and smooth running of Club Operations.
- Get the best out of every team member by listening, coaching, supporting and developing them to optimise performance and facilitate growth.
- Create an imaginative and inspiring environment where everyone works together to enhance the customer experience
- Full supervision of all front of house staff and operations, including Bar, dining, functions and club events
- Create, manage and analyse all front of house budgets and controls.
- Develop ideas and initiatives to improve the Club's profitability and customer service standards.
- Use of technology to assist in the delivery of high quality service (such as mobile devices, and tablet ordering)
- Knowledge of and full oversight of all Human Resource Management functions
- Represent the Club's reputation and profile within the community.
- Assist with design and implementation and communication of promotional marketing activities (with good understanding of social media).
(before applying, ask yourself if you can demonstrate the following attributes)
- A true hospitality professional with a minimum of 5 years management/supervisory experience in a high volume hospitality/catering role
- Highly motivated and relentlessly passionate about customer service and member satisfaction
- Hands-on leader who is positive, supportive and ambitious with experience in recruiting, mentoring, training and developing a team of hospitality professionals
- Knowledge of H&L point of sale system is desirable
- A high level of integrity, trustworthiness and reliability
- Excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working with people and as part of a close team
- Exceptional personal presentation and hygiene
- Strong financial and business acumen to create, manage and analyse all front of house budgets and controls
Job benefits and perks
For the right candidate we are offering
- an attractive starting salary
- A supportive management the will give you autonomy and direction
- A fantastic venue to grow in and make your mark
So, if you are a 'can-do' person, who thrives on new challenges; likes working in a team within a diverse environment; and consistently delivers to the highest quality, then you'll fit right in and we'd like to have you on our team.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.