Private Family Cook Needed in Melbourne! (COCH)
- January 9, 2018
- Galley Jobs
- Do you have experience as a chef/private cook?
- Are you living in Melbourne?
- Available for a December/January start?
We’re looking for an experienced Cook for a busy family in Canterbury, Melbourne on a full-time basis. The successful candidate will be experienced in cooking a range of cuisines with a focus on Japanese, Korean and Italian. You will need to cook for the family, including weekends. The hours are flexible, so this role may suit someone who has other commitments throughout the week.
General duties will include:
- Preparing and cooking lunch and dinner for the family (mainly dinner during week – both lunch and dinner on weekends when they are home)
- Ensuring a variety of fresh and healthy meals
- Complying to food hygiene and safety standards
- Ensuring the workspace is kept clean and tidy at all times
The ideal candidate will:
- Be living in Melbourne, ideally close to Canterbury
- Be detail oriented
- Be trustworthy and loyal
- Have a positive attitude
- Have a valid Drivers Licence and ideally own car
- Have or be able to obtain a Working with Children Check and Police Check
Hours: Preparation of dinners during the week, lunch & Dinner on weekends.
Salary: A generous salary will be offered to the right candidate
Start: December 2017/January 2018
You will need to have permission to work in Australia (ie residency or long-term work permit) and normal Australian working conditions apply.
Click on “APPLY NOW” button and send your CV in Word format and application letter addressing all the points of eligibility on this job post. Please ensure that you indicate your current location and availability dates and have at least 3 Referees with all contact details on your CV. It also helps to have a good quality recent photo and written references are good support for your application so please send these too.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.