Nanny/Cook needed in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs (HNCH)
- March 9, 2018
- Shore Based Jobs
- Australia / NZ
- Are you living in Sydney?
- Do you have a passion for cooking?
- Are you experienced and great with young children?
We are looking for a responsible multitasker who has experience as a Nanny/Cook/Housekeeper to assist our client by taking care of their 4 bedroom family homein Woollahra. You will be required to care for the children while they are not at school or preschool, cook family meals and help the cleaner keep the house looking clean and tidy.
Your Duties will include:
- Looking after the children as needed. Two attend school, one at preschool a few days a week.
- Keeping the house orderly at all times
- Ad hoc tasks
- Picking up groceries when needed, the shops are in walking distance
- Planning and preparing healthy, good quality, basic meals for the family
- General housekeeping tasks (the family employs a cleaner once a week who does ‘deep cleaning’) but general tidying of the house, children’s room/areas, upkeep of laundry is needed
- Very detail oriented with good organizational skills
- Good initiative
- Competent cooking skills
- Capability and diligence
- Excellent Housekeeping and Laundry skills
- Professional demeanour and excellent personal presentation
- Great with young children
- Confidentiality and discretion
- Working with Children Check and Police/Security Check
- Able to commit long term
You will need to have permission to work in Australia (ie residency or long-term work permit) and normal Australian working conditions apply.
START DATE: As soon as the right candidate is found
SALARY: $30+ an hour, depending on experience
WORK HOURS: 25-27 hours. Monday – Friday, (some full day, some half day) with some flexibility
Click “APPLY NOW” button at the end of this post and send us your CV in Word format and include an application letter addressing all the points of eligibility on this job post. Please ensure that you have a good quality recent (smiling) photo, indicate your current location and availability dates and have at least 3 Referees with all contact details on your CV. Written references are good support for your application so please send these too. If you work with children you are required to hold a “Working With Children Card’. We also need to sight your primary qualification(s), your photo ID and your work permit, so please send these as well.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.