Experienced Head Chef required for Temp position on 100m+ M/Y (HCTL)
- May 19, 2017
- Galley Jobs
- Are you a highly qualified Megayacht Chef available for a freelance position?
- Are you available immediately?
- Dynamic, Enthusiastic and ready to hit the ground running?
We are looking for an experienced Head Chef to join the galley team on board this fabulous Mega Yacht for a 6-8 week temporary position. You must be able to give direction, along with taking in advice from your peers. Management and interpersonal skills are very important for this position.
High expectations are to be met in providing healthy, well balanced and varied international cuisines to the Owners, Guests and crew on board.
Desired Qualifications & Attributes:
- Former experience in a similar role on board a yacht over 80 metres in length
- Culinary Trained with a Chef Certification
- Food & Hygiene certification
- Valid Passport & Seaman’s Discharge Book
- ENG1 Seafarers Medical fitness certificate
- STCW Basic Safety Training including Security Awareness
- Passenger safety certificate
- Driving License
- Have exceptional culinary knowledge, style and presentation skills
- Have a keen eye for detail and standard in relation to all aspects of the galley’s activities
- Have experience in leading and managing a Galley team
- Have prior experience with menu development
Salary/Package: To be negotiated depending on experience
Start Date: Immediate for a 4-6 week temporary term
To apply: Click on the button below to “Apply Now” Please apply via our jobs board.
Upload your CV in Word format and application letter addressing all the points of eligibility on this job post. Please ensure that you have a good quality recent photo, indicate the validity date of your ENG1, your current location and availability dates and have at least 3 Referees with all contact details on your CV. Written references are good support for your application so please send these too.
MLC regulations now require us to sight your primary qualification, your photo ID and your ENG1. So please send these also
Work Experience Requirements:
All aplicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.