Marketing Executive for Australian Superyachts (ASYH)
- May 19, 2017
- Shore Based Jobs
- Australia / NZ
- Are you an experienced Marketing Executive?
- Are you looking for a great new Full Time role?
- Work in beautiful Pyrmont!
Your role as a marketing executive is to seek to promote our luxury products and services to the Superyacht industry and therefore maximise the company’s success through developing sales strategies that match our customer requirements.
We are looking for a talented Marketing Executive to undertake marketing projects for the benefit of our company. You will organise creative campaigns and promotional events that can make a difference for our company’s success according to trends and customer requirements.
The ideal candidate will be passionate for the “art” of marketing and will have an abundance of ideas for building efficient strategies. You must bring forth a strong cache of techniques and methods to promote our products, services and public image.
The goal is to reach out to the market and cultivate the customer’s interest in our products and services in ways that strengthen our reputation and facilitate our continuous growth.
You will work closely with Management and Department Heads such as chartering, crew recruitment and sales.
Working alongside your colleagues, you will be responsible for:
- promotional activities: write copy for diverse marketing distributions (brochures, press releases, website material etc.)
- maintain relationships with media vendors and publishers to ensure collaboration in promotional activities
- monitor progress of campaigns using various metrics and submit reports of performance
- demonstrated proficiency managing campaigns on social media including: Google AdWords, Facebook, WordPress
- newsletters and direct email campaigns Hubspot marketing, Mail Chimp etc
- devising and presenting ideas and conceiving efficient and intuitive strategies
- analysing to evaluate trends, brand awareness, investigating price, demand and competition ventures
- compiling financial and statistical information for management
- organising events, product exhibitions, boat shows.
Opportunities for career development are excellent as you will be getting company wide experience and exposure to the entire range of marketing initiatives.
Qualifications and training requirements:
- Proven experience as a successful Marketing Executive or similar role
- Good understanding of market research techniques, data analysis and statistics methods
- Thorough knowledge of strategic planning principles and marketing best practices
- Proficient in MS Office, WordPress, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop
- Customer Relationship Marketing Software Hubspot
- BSc/BA in marketing, business administration or relevant discipline
- Creativity and the ability to ‘think outside the box’
- Commercial awareness
- Numerical skills
- IT skills
- Good teamwork and communication skills: the ability to listen and understand the requirements from each department head as well as the ability to educate and convince them of the best strategy to achieve their goals.
- Adaptability and ability to plan and prioritise
- Good organisational skills and time-management abilities
- Familiarity with social media and web analytics
Salary and conditions:
- Salary negotiable pending your specific experience and education. Guide ~$60K pa plus Superannuation.
- Normal Australian working conditions apply. So you will need either an Australian or NZ passport, Australian permanent residency or long-term work permit for Australia. Working holiday visas do not give sufficient time for this permanent role.
Please send us your CV and cover letter that indicates your location and availability date as well as a demonstration of your use of ‘business English’ and professional correspondence.
Please ensure that your CV is fully up-to-date and contains as least three current referees who we can contact to enquire about aspects of your employment with them.
Note: business location is Pyrmont, on the city fringe. It is accessible via light rail, bus and train. Car parking is only available in nearby commercial parking stations.
The recruiter can only accept applications from candidates from Australia and New Zealand.
Work Experience Requirements:
All aplicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.