Loadmaster for 100+m MV Shadow Boat
- January 11, 2017
- Specialist Jobs
- 4 candidates have already applied for the job
This position is a great opportunity for a Loadmaster who wants to break into the world of Superyachts on this very large M/Y!
For this role, you will have the following attributes;
- Minimum 10 years’ extensive experience in handling ships’ cranes (including tandem lift experience on Passenger/Cargo or Cargo ships)
- Knowledge of ISM and ISPS practices
- A thorough knowledge of rigging of spreaders and other lifting gear including cradling and lashing for sea passage
- Emphasis will be placed on loading, carrying and discharge of valuable tenders and yachts
- Must be able to plan meticulously and prioritise safety
For this role you shall report directly to the Master and responsibilities will include:
- Safe and efficient loading, cradling, lashing and carrying tenders, yachts, water toys and other cargo (including LSA)
- Safe stowage and segregation in accordance with IMDG code, applicable legislation and best practice
- Thorough risk assessment of all loading operations including handling of hatch openings, covers and cranes
- The enforcement of strict health and safety procedures in and around the cargo areas.
- The maintenance and certification of all lifting equipment & gear in consultation with the DPA.
- The prompt reporting of any defects related to lifting equipment and gear.
- Bridge Watch keeping as operations require
- Any duty assigned directly by the Master
- COC II/2 , III/2 or appropriate shore based experience
- Valid PP, ENG1 & SDB
- Basic Safety Certificate
- Security awareness or designated security duty certificate
- Passenger Safety Certificate
- Salary & Conditions: 8,000 Euros, 182 days – 3 on/3 off with return economy flights
Start 27 Mar 2017
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.